Resolving Conflict in a Relationship Building Way 4.2.20
Resolving Conflict in a Relationship Building Way (must have completed the Managing Conflict Level 1 course in the Management Essentials series)
Conflict is a normal, and even healthy, part of relationships. Two people cannot be expected to agree on everything at all times. Since work-related relationship conflicts are inevitable, learning to deal with them in a healthy way is crucial. When conflict is mismanaged, it can harm the relationship and the work. When handled in a respectful and positive way, conflict provides an opportunity for growth, ultimately strengthening the relationship between two people. By learning the skills that you need for successful conflict resolution, you can keep your personal and professional relationships strong and growing.
In this session, using workplace scenarios from their own work environments, attendees will learn and apply strategies, tools and techniques to effectively:
• Manage stress while remaining alert and calm.
• Accurately read and interpret verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Control your emotions and behavior.
• Pay attention to the feelings being expressed as well as the spoken words of others.
• Be aware of and respectful of differences.
• Work toward a common goal.